Friday, May 1, 2009

Wikis

Hi

Still behind - only on wikis. I've come to the conclusion that I wouldn't be a good candidate for creating a wiki. Basically, I don't have any friends and I'm a control freak - yes the latter has a bearing on the former! They keep talking about needing a 'community' and 'buy in' from others. Even if I could get past this obstacle - the disorganised nature of wikis would be a problem - please leave my messy office out of this! And the spam! The more content, the more maintenance...it's never-ending. It may be sold as easy to do - but there is a learning curve! Don't be fooled by the coolness of it all! Seriously folks, I don't have a big enough ego for all these 'look and listen to me' tools and I'm just not that 'caring and sharing' type!!!! Remember silence, keeping one's own counsel - seriously under-rated!!!Phew -I needed to get that off my chest!

No comments:

Post a Comment